Boating Western Australia Inc. ABN: 54 351 799 424
The ultimate success of “BOATINGWA” is dependent on key issues-
- Enthusiasm of members
- Responsible participation
- General input
- Freedom to enjoy boating
- Development of recreational boating in this state
- Liaison with regulatory bodies and government
- Promotion of recreational boating in Western Australia
- Education of members and community in respect of boating safety skills and knowledge.
- Affiliation between the Association and other marine organisations.
- To foster social interaction between members of the association as well as with members of related organisations.
- To act as a representative body in matters of interest to members.
- To do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the objects and exercise of the powers of the association.
- BoatingWA is a non-profit, incorporated body.
- BoatingWA was founded by boating people with boating interests
- BoatingWA is the only boating association representing the broad range of recreational boating interests across the state.
- BoatingWA represents the views of all recreational boating enthusiasts.
- BoatingWA regularly makes submissions to relevant authorities and enquiries on a range of boating matters.
- BoatingWA regularly questions bureaucratic decisions affecting recreational boating.
- BoatingWA publishes its own quarterly newsletter.
- BoatingWA fosters social interaction with members of other organisations.
- BoatingWA encourages the development of appropriate facilities for recreational boating.
- BoatingWA is here to represent your views to Government and regulatory bodies.
- In 1998 BoatingWA combined with BOAT (Boat Owners Association). BOAT Issue 1
- In 2000 BoatingWA combined with RIMLA (Rottnest Island Mooring Licencees Association).
- In 2002 we formed the Hillarys Penholders Association committee.
- In 2004 Swan Yacht Club became our first “affiliate member” after a change to our constitution.
- In 2005 our founding president won the inaugural Marine industry Award for “boatman of the year”.
- In 2007 we employed our first staff member and opened a “shop front” office in South Fremantle (1 Capo D’Orlando Drive) The committee also man this office on Saturday mornings.
- In 2008 we celebrated 10 years of serving the boating public of Western Australia.
- In 2014, our committee is much stronger and our credentials are now accepted by the regulatory bodies.