Boating Western Australia (Inc.)
Pile driving and construction works to start on Rottnest Fuel Jetty
Preparations are underway for the commencement of piling and construction works as part of the Fuel Jetty upgrade project.
Contractor Total AMS (TAMS) will use the following vessels during this phase of the project:
· TAMS 129, construction barge, full-time,
· Charlie Bill, work punt, full-time,
· Flinders Bay, materials barge, adhoc,
· Carnac, tugboat, adhoc, and
· Total Assist, tugboat, adhoc.
The construction barge will initially be located on the southern side of the jetty and eventually relocate to the northern side as works progress.
There is a permanent 10m exclusion zone around the entire jetty as well as a temporary exclusion zone around the construction barge which extends up to 35m from the jetty.
Some hammering noise will be expected due to pile driving works planned to commence on Friday 24 July (subject to sea and weather conditions) until the end of August.
TAMS will utilise a combination of the following hammer equipment to conduct these works which will generate various levels of noise:
· Impact hammer, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
· Vibratory hammer, Monday to Sunday, 7am to 6pm.
For more information please contact Amir Tabei, Project Superintendent, on 9432 9357 or firstname.lastname@example.org